Thursday, November 27, 2008

Little Bubbles of Happiness

It goes without saying that I am beyond grateful for the arrival of baby Emma in my life... In our lives, really. But I am ever so thankful also for moments like the one I just shared with my daughter, in which she quietly finished nursing and stretched out like a cat, that milk-drunk look on her face, and then smiled up at me. I smiled down at her and the feeling of connection was so strong, I knew this was a moment I would remember forever. Perhaps not in detail, but just that special feeling of bonding, that exchange of smiles, that warm strength that comes from knowing how very much I love her. I wanted that moment to last forever, to engrave it in my heart to be able to bring it out in moments of difficulty and sadness.

Oh, yes, I am grateful and thankful for the joy that Emma has brought to our lives, to both her daddy and me, and to my whole family... The past four months have been a roller-coaster of emotions, in more ways than one, and I know that there is so much more to come -- I just hope I'm up for the ride! I'm working on becoming better organized, but I'm also trying to treasure these little bubbles of happiness we share together, because I know they are finite and oh-so-ephemeral.

But yes, thank you dear Lord, thank you Universe for bringing Emma into our lives. The magic is only just beginning.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

5 comments:

Linda said...

This will be her first Christmas. Wait until she starts noticing all the bright lights and decorations-part of the joy of the season.

JChevais said...

Your kid is over four months old. I need to redo your banner. Good thing most people read out of feeders. Ooops.

The Late Bloomer said...

Hey Linda -- thanks for your note here! Yes, her first Christmas, and although I know she won't really realize much, I do hope she'll enjoy seeing the lights and experiencing things in her own little way. I won't make it to the U.S. until after the actual holidays, but I know people tend to keep up lights and stuff into early January, so hopefully she will get to see some of that there as well! Down the road I would like to make it back to the U.S. with her for actual Christmas, because I really want her to experience the traditions I grew up with, including carols and baking, etc... I'll do as much of it as I can over here, but at least a couple times in the U.S. in the thick of things would be great!

Hey Jenn -- I wish I could figure out a way to do it myself -- I've given it some thought and have some ideas, but I just don't have the cool software you have! Nor the savvy way with the graphic equipment -- you know I love what you do! But I also know you have your hands full with lots of stuff at the moment (what am I talking about? Most of the time!) so I didn't want to bother you. Anytime you have some inspiration, just let me know! :-) We'll have to brainstorm together, like we did the first time...

screamish said...

those first smiles are so incredible...I get smiles now when I go into their room at 4am...sometimes one will stop crying and look up at me and smile...makes you want to gobble them up...so beautiful!

yeah, our babies' first christmas, its going to be so great. My parents are here too so it'll be the first for ten years...OH MY GOD ive been in France ten years this Christmas...what was I thinking...

How's Emma, is she getting big??? There's something new every day isnt there??

Do you manage to get out of the flat much? here its a little hard...I'm sure Im lacking vitamin D

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory