Monday, April 23, 2007

I think I may, I think I might...

Well, what to say, what to say? Jenn over at NPLI has included me as a Thinking Blogger, and I honestly have to state right here and now: I'm not worthy! I may spend a lot of my time thinking (who doesn't?!), but perhaps never really and truly about the right things at the right times... Of course, I guess there's never exactly a right time for anything, but in any case, I am grateful for her shout-out and in fact it has been her recent posts about the French elections that have got ME thinking about where I stand politically in this current wasteland that we call France. I'm trying not to be too pessimistic, but I hope beyond hope that whoever is elected on the 6th of May will bring about some positive change for the future and will finally bring the much-needed reform that this country so desperately needs.

Plus, Jenn gets me thinking with her creative, spunky spirit all the time. Without her, I don't think I'd be here as a blogger today! So thanks again, Jenn: you really are my inspiration.

And in passing on this honor, it's extremely difficult for me to limit myself to five persons. Plus, I'm meant to list five who have not yet been named Thinking Bloggers, and I'm not absolutely certain that my choices have not already been so honored -- I would be surprised if they haven't, because they're just so talented and always getting me thinking, so be sure to let me know if I've committed any naughty faux-pas...

1. Lauren over at Maitresse -- Again, this fashionable gal has constantly got me thinking and she's always sharing the most culturally and socially diverse topics in an incredible way, so I can hardly believe she hasn't been named a Thinking Blogger a million times over!

2. Amy, or La Petite Américaine at Une nouvelle vie de bohème -- Every single post she shares is stimulating, whether it's her take on French cuisine, a recent museum visit or a reaction to something going down here in Paris [even and especially her commentary on those strikingly unique French ad campaigns].

3. Aralena at Dents de lait -- I love her byline, and when you talk about thinking, her posts are some of the first that come to mind. And so beautifully written! I admire her talent...

4. Lee Ann at Odessa Street -- She was also one of the first bloggers I discovered here in the expat world, and I've been reading her for ages. I love her occasional book reviews and the fact that she always has a fresh take on things. And you talk about taking on a lot: this gal is always accomplishing a million things at once!

5. Last but not least, Sam over at Sam de Bretagne -- Blogging on a regular basis and really keeping us up-to-date on what's happening all over France in general, I always feel the need to chime in and share my own thoughts -- because she keeps me thinking on my toes, even with the day-to-day stuff! Note: her recent post on the French elections...

Guess that about wraps it up... I had an uneventful weekend myself, but I have to say that this incredibly beautiful weather did make the time fly by; if only it would last! It motivated me to do some nice, light vegetable-based cuisine, and I was so pleased with my Saturday evening pasta salad with cherry tomatos, zucchini and fresh basil, as well as with my Sunday zucchini crumble... An unexpected surprise!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I came here via Jennifer at Rue By Street but I think I also saw yoiur name in another blog's comments
Just wanted to de-lurk and say Bonjour!

Ksam said...

Wow, thanks, what a surprise. It's really funny, as I was reading Jenn's post earlier, I was thinking "Geez, no one would ever classify me as a thinking blogger - fluff blogger is more like it!"

amy said...

Thanks for the nod! I totally agree with your other choices.

Scribbit said...

Haven't seen any of these before, I'll look forward to checking them out--and congratulations to you!

Linda said...

I'd love to see your recipe for the zucchini crumble. I'm always looking for ways to use up my bounty of zucchini in the summer.

JChevais said...

Spreading the love is gute

The Late Bloomer said...

Oh BTW, thanks for the thoughts, everyone...

Linda, I'll see if I can e-mail you the recipe; I actually found it on-line, but I can't remember what site right now. I printed it out, so I'll check on it when I'm back home. It's one of those French recipes, but really easy to do.

Aralena said...

Congratulations, Alice ! You do completely deserve a thinking award - your writing is candid, real and deeply thoughtful, and frequently makes me think about similar episodes in my own life, but with new, usually more positive angles.

(and merci pour the shout-out!)

The Late Bloomer said...

Aralena, I'm glad you did see this! I thought about leaving you a note on your blog, but I was hoping you might see it when passing through one day.

I'm really enjoying reading your posts, and congrats again on acquiring your French nationality!