Friday, February 9, 2007

Gratin Goodness

Last night I whipped up wonderful Clotilde's no-fail, no-fuss gratin de chou-fleur for the second time in two weeks. Both times I also sprinkled on a handful of lardons, just to add some extra zip and to round out the meal a bit (namely for my large-appetite-inclined male counterpart). I think I may finally be making my first steps toward training the boyfriend as well -- he trimmed, rinsed and steamed the cauliflower florets before I made it home from my English session (the nightmarish one with the little know-it-all French boy from hell who thinks he exists to teach me a lesson).

So all I had to do when I walked in the door was prepare the béchamel, drizzle it over the cauliflower, add some shredded cheese and bread crumbs, and pop the gratin dish into the oven for 20 minutes.

WHEW! So satisfying... Maybe even enough to erase monster-boy from my memory, at least for the moment.

Until next time, that is.

2 comments:

Fredlaw3 said...

You are a geek. :-) Does Jean know about this boyfriend? Heehee. And how was this gROTTEN stuff?

Scribbit said...

Well I know I'm in love--cauliflower? gratin? bechamel? Each makes me drool.